Avira AntiVir WebGate
Antivirus protection for your internet communications on Unix
Web communications are fundamental to every aspect of your business. Not only is internet access critical to your daily operations, your customers depend on your website for access to your products and services.
Adding Avira protection to your web server means that no malware can interfere with your productivity. Your company deserves an award-winning antivirus solution that effectively blocks online threats without compromising bandwidth.
High investment security
What's New in Version 3.2
- SNMP traps on security-related issues NEW!
- Persistent scanner connections and thread pools for incoming requests NEW!
- Option to log all relevant security information into an ODBC database to generate individual reports and statistics NEW!
- Real-time monitoring of data traffic (incoming, outgoing) through an integrated on-access scanner.
- Monitoring of HTTP and FTP over HTTP connections.
- Full support of the FTP protocol in all network configurations.
- Support of the ICAP (Internet Content Adaptation Protocol) interface including URL content filtering when WebGate runs as ICAP server NEW!
- Customizable access control based on client IP address or destination port.
- Dynamic prevention of timeouts when downloading large files.
- Configurable scanning of all common archive formats with adjustable recursion depth.
- Quarantine management for secure isolation of infected and suspicious files.
- Low-cost combination with Avira AntiVir MailGate for complete protection of the electronic communication routes in the company.
- Blacklisting and whitelisting of domains.
- Configurable trickling based on domains and file types.
- Extremely small, bandwidth-saving updates of virus definitions through incremental VDF update.
- Automatic updates via the internet.
- Fast, seamless updates maximize protection without system interruption.
Efficient configuration and administration
- Remote configuration and administration from an intuitive graphical interface.
- Comprehensive notification and reporting functions.
- Adaptable templates for alerts and email notifications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Server
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 10.2
- Novell Linux Desktop 9 (NLD 9)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (SLES 11)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 - 10.3 (SLES 10 SP2)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9)
- Debian GNU/Linux 4
- Debian GNU/Linux 5
- Debian GNU/Linux 6
- Ubuntu Server Edition 8
- Ubuntu Server Edition 9
- Ubuntu Server Edition 10.4
- Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC) *
- Sun Solaris 10 (SPARC)
Intel, AMD, 32-bit or 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility mode
- 512 MB
- 1280 MB for Sun Solaris
10 GB free hard drive memory (50 GB or more recommended)
1 GB (for unpacking archives)
Please note that support for older platforms will be phased out. Please see our Product Lifecycle page for details.
Use under 64 bit Linux:
Please use the required 32 bit libraries.
Administration through the SMC:
Please consider that the libstdc++so.5 is required for the SMC agent.
Avira AntiVir GateWay Bundle
Scope of license
cope of license